Nancy’s Blog Hop Challenge
Nancy is awesome. She has made me laugh when there is nothing to laugh about. I am, therefore, delighted to take part in Nancy’s Summer Blog Hop Challenge.
2020 Blog Challenge Questions:
1. Who are you? Tell us whatever you want about you and your blog.
My name is Nikki Bednall, half human half analyst. I live in Derbyshire, a very beautiful part of the UK. My blog is my story of stage 3 breast cancer which I wrote to help others going through the same. It has also served me well in reflecting on my experience and observing the change in my writing style at different times in my anxiety journey. Since finishing cancer treatment I’ve studied nutrition, complementary therapy and sports massage therapy. Though I’m a flawed human, I’m an advocate for healthy lifestyle after cancer. I also have artistic outbursts on paper which I call art and share on my blog.
2. What has been your biggest blogging challenge during this pandemic, and how have you been tackling it (or trying to)?
My biggest blogging challenge during the pandemic has been writers block. I’ve literally dried up. The brakes on my brain have locked up. Personal writing is very different to any other writing and requires greater emotional flow which I just don’t seem to have during the pandemic so thank you for these questions to get me moving again.
3. What is something you’ve accomplished with your blog that you’re most proud of?
I love that my blog has been viewed all over the world and I hope women feel connected and empowered by it, wherever they are. We have a tough time and if I’ve helped someone to feel a little better about what they are facing then my blog is doing its job.
4. Share two of your best blogging tips.
I’ve learned there are two styles of writing and both can be valuable in different ways. I’ll share tips based on these two styles:
1. Write when you feel like writing and there is something you are experiencing which needs to be shared.
2. Write when you have healed and learned.
5. What is one of your blogging goals this year?
To be featured on Nancy’s Summer Blog Challenge! 😉
6. When things get hard, what keeps you blogging, even if not regularly?
Writing is a form of art. Art is expression. Expressing oneself is fundamental to being.
7. What is a dream you have for your blog?
To help others and to continue to do so. There are so many ways to reach out and everyone needs support with different things. I’d be interested in a book at some point but I haven’t yet decided what that should be.
8. Share a link to a favorite post you’ve written that you want more people to read.
I like many of my posts but this one was emotionally the hardest to write:
whilst this one has brought me the most joy and emotional healing:
1. HopOnNancy’sBlogHopWithMe2. Nancy’s Point Summer Blog Hop3. My Unexpected Guide4. LifeAfterLola Blog Hop Challenge5. Nancy’s Point 2020 Blog Challenge6. 2020 Blogger Challenge7. Summer Challenge 20208. Eight Questions From Nancy About My Blog9. Summer 2020 Blogging Challenge10. Brain Cancer Babe11. welliesandseaweed. wordpress. com12. NANCYSPOINT. COM SUMMER BLOGGING CHALLENGE13. 2020 Summer Blogging Challenge!14. Nancy’s Point 2020 Blog Challenge!15. Nancy’s Point Blog Tour!16. Nancy’s Point 2020 Blog Challenge
This linky list is now closed.